Book Direct – Why It’s Important
Why Book Direct?
When you book directly, you’ll get exclusive deals and offers that you won’t find anywhere else! When booking through an online travel agency (OTA), such as Expedia, Airbnb, Orbitz, Travelocity, or Booking.com, you would not be able to take advantage of these “perks.” Not to mention, booking directly with a BnBGrenada would save you money!
When you book directly, you get the following benefits:
- Are almost always sure to get the best deal.
- In the event of adjustments, delays, or cancellations, deal directly with the house.
- Usually, no additional booking, shift, or cancellation fees are required.
- May gain from special privileges.
- May benefit from exclusive offers or facilities
- Are promoting small businesses run by people who are passionate about what they do and who play an important role in their communities.
A reservation made directly with a bed and breakfast innkeeper or via the BnBGrenada website ensures that you will receive the following:
- The greatest number of available rooms and dates
- The possibility of last-minute price reductions
- Genuine, tailored responses to questions about the B&B and the surrounding area
How to Avoid the Service Fees
Service fees charged by online travel agencies (OTAs) can add up quickly. They definitely advertise on the internet and via social media, and they have the best offers. OTAs profit by charging either the traveler who books a bed, the lodging establishment, or both in some cases. Simply put, stop these service costs by booking directly via the B&B’s website.
OTAs include Expedia, Airbnb, Orbitz, Travelocity, and Booking.com, to name a few. Even Google search includes a misleading “Book A Room” button. Many travelers believe that Google’s blue “Book A Room” button takes them directly to the hotel or B&B, or that they are unaware of its location. It’s forwarded to the OTA, not the B&B!
The property owner, for example, gives up at least 3% of the room price by using Airbnb. The service fee charged to the traveler will vary from 5% to 15%. Airbnb does not have any details on how the fee is calculated.
The traveler must pay the full cost of the stay at the time of booking, in addition to the service fee. If you book directly with a B&B, your deposit could be as low as one room night, with the balance due after your stay.
Other Advantages of Booking Direct
If you go to the inn’s website directly, you’ll find not only extensive details and photos to help you get to know where you’ll be staying, but also:
- The B&B’s own booking calendar will show all available rooms for the dates you specify. Many innkeepers can refuse to rent their best or most common rooms to online travel agencies. If they do, it’s possible that it’ll only be during the inn’s slower seasons.
- The inn’s own reservation system allows you to browse for all dates. On an OTA, an innkeeper will block out dates when no rooms are open.
- Last-minute offers, specials, and bundles may be available. It could also be a last-minute room deal not covered by the inn’s OTA contract. It’s always better to check out these possible perks on the BnBGrenada website first.
- You will be able to receive personalized information in response to questions or concerns that are relevant to you.
When it comes to making reservations for a Bed and Breakfast in Grenada, who serves you better? The OTAs by charging you fees with little personal assistance or the small business owners, the innkeepers with the heart for hospitality, that do it best. We hope you choose to book direct for friendly, personal, and knowledgeable customer service!
Click the “Book Now” button above to see our availability calendar. Choose your travel dates, search for a Bed and Breakfast based on their availability,